No matter how popular is your website, visitors shouldn’t be facing waiting for the website to load.
On the other hand, those who are trying to improve the visitors and developing their blog or website should keep in mind that
visitors should have a wonderful browsing experience. I just finished an amazing top notch css course. I think anyone who wants to increase their web development knowledge should check it out.
I was commissioned to write a review of Australian web hosting services compared, so here are some useful tips to improve the performance of your website that I covered in extent there summarized here.
1. The foremost priority is to reduce the size of the images in the webpage.
(You can read this post to optimize image sizes without losing the quality)
2. Reduce use of nested elements. e.g. tables within tables and divs inside divs.
3. Don’t place too many scripts in single page(at max place 8~10 scripts).Instead place them in a seperate .js file and include them into pages.
4. Place the unnecessary scripts in the footer (e.g. Analytics)
5. If you are using wordpress or blogger or etc., use cache plugins. If normal website, make sure that your hosting provider’s server uses caching technology.
6. Do not use “import” css files into webpages. Just include them with link to src file.
After implementing these steps, you can verify the speed of your website load time by 3 most useful tools to check website speed